Eloise Rapp: My Tokyo Zine

Monday, July 05, 2010 1 Comments A+ a-

For the last week I have been devouring over Eloise Rapp's My Tokyo Zine!
If your traveling to Tokyo soon and your into high and vintage fashion as well as art and design you must get a copy Eloise's zine! You can purchase a copy of My Tokyo: a fashion & design shopping guide from her Etsy Catkin and Teasel Emporium.
It's even a treat getting it in the mail! Mine was beautifully wrapped in brown paper and sealed with stripey Japan MT Tape! (you know I love my MT Tape!)- It even came with a free Japan postcard!

Rapp's My Tokyo Zine guide covers what Eloise believes are some of the most unique fashion, design, and art spots in Tokyo. Covering the neighbourhoods; Daikanyama, Nakameguro, Shibuya, Harajuku, Aoyama, Ebisu, Kiyosumi, Roppongi, Shimokitazawa, Shirokandai and Yoyogi. Each shop/ gallery covered in the zine includes a small summary of shop contents, website, address and map references to make them simple to locate....looks like Eloise has done all the hard work for us!

Love the MT Tape titles on each page and shop picture 'Key' system that includes places to go for; Femmes, Dudes, Vintage, Furniture & Interiors, Music, Books, Variety, Textiles & Craft and Galleries. My 'must' places to visit next time in Tokyo...thanks to Eloise are; Cow Books, Greenscape (gotta get one of those 'Kokedama' plants!), Opening Ceremony, Totodo, Tower Records, Bunkaya Zakkaten, Goocy and NADiff....man who am I kidding? I want to go to them all!!


Eloise Rapp is a textile and graphic designer based in Sydney and Tokyo, she designs prints for women's fashion ranges and more. Check out her blog Catkin and Teasel, which covers her loves; fashion, design, art and crafts.

See also:
My Zine Making Kit
Best of the MCA Zine Fair

1 comments:

Write comments
RAPP
AUTHOR
July 9, 2010 at 1:38 PM delete

Thank you SO MUCH Jenna for this too lovely write up! Hope you can use the zine in Tokyo really soon. Goocy is the bomb - I'm wearing a printed mini from there as we speak! Look forward to seeing what comes of your own zine-making adventures x

Reply
avatar