Jenna's Christmas Gift Wrapping & Decorations

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 4 Comments A+ a-

I look forward to wrapping my Christmas presents up every year while watching my fave Christmas movies (Rankin/Bass Classics). I have to say this has been a very creative year for me as I have been working on landing a job in magazines or anywhere in the creative arena! I have also self-published my first zine 'My Life in Biscuits' and started this little blog here. Along the way I have chatted & met some lovely inspirational people and attended lots of exhibits, workshops & other creative events which has inspired some of my xmas gift wrapping ideas!

 
Yumi (Dear Plastic) showed us how to make these amazing 'paper flower bomb mobiles' at this years first Paper Convention Collective event which was held at Sydney's Finders Keepers. I decided to put my own Christmas spin on them using Christmas themed colour tissue paper.

I also added some of my polka-dot Mt Tape to the middle of the bow :)
The Santa 'naughty or nice' paper is from one of my fave stationary stores Typo, green polka dot ribbon from Spotlight- which is a giant Aussie craft store.

It's always hard to wrap bottle shaped presents, with this one I cut the top of the wrap into strips then curled & stuck them down to create a flower on top....then added one of my confetti bows.

Loving all things handmade this year, I made these Christmas gift tags using brown paper & red polka dot paper from Domayne. I used my Christmas cookie cutter set to trace stocking, star, candy cane & gingerbread man shapes onto my paper. As you can see below I decorated them with Mt tape & attached with coloured ribbon or twine that I picked up from Magnolia Square markets!

My gingerbread man & stocking gift tags & paper flower top my Christmas presents. I got this kawaii owl paper from Bed Bath N' Table. My nan loves & collects owls, so can't wait till she sees it!

Candy cane & star Mt tape gift tags

Not only is it my first Christmas in my first little home, but it's also my first Christmas as a wife with my amazing & loving husband.....this is our first little Christmas tree.
I call it our 'handmade vintage tree' as I decorated the tree with a Christmas Mt tape themed bunting I made & my childhood Disney Snow White decorations.

Aurthur Rankin/ Jules Bass Christmas decorations- Hermey, Rudolph with 'misfit toy' & the abominable snowman!

My fave decoration is this miniature 'Snow White & the Seven dwarfs' Disney book!

I also love old wooden decorations, this sits on top of my entertainment unit

4 comments

Write comments
Dawn Tan
AUTHOR
December 15, 2010 at 4:45 PM delete

I LOVE YOUR CHRISTMAS TREEEE!!!!!

Reply
avatar
Cookie Cutter
AUTHOR
December 17, 2010 at 1:03 PM delete

Love that u made all your presents look so special. And that tree I'
is pretty!

Reply
avatar
Yumi
AUTHOR
December 21, 2010 at 2:26 PM delete

ooou, looks super cute!

Reply
avatar
December 21, 2010 at 2:37 PM delete

Thanks Dawn & Cookie Cutter :)

Yumi! Happy to hear you like them :)
Love your 'Flower Bomb' DIY video on your blog. Looking forward to more workshops next year :)

Reply
avatar