Spring is here!

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 2 Comments A+ a-


Thought I would celebrate the first day of Aussie Spring with this beautiful recipe from this months Notebook magazine and some holiday pictures from my trip to Japan during their famous 'Hanami' Cherry Blossom season in March-August.


Cherry Blossoms at Uneo park budding and blossoming! Uneo Park is known for having special Hanami picnic festivals during spring as seen in this last picture.

 

Philosopher's Walk in Kyoto is a must visit during Cherry Blossom season. I also had Cherry Blossom ice-cream here!


Flowers outside of the Kyoto, Imperial Palace grounds


Looking through the Cherry Blossoms at Himeji Castle, Kyoto


Our Japan trip started with the Cherry Blossoms budding and as we left the Cherry Blossoms where just starting to fall as seen on this Ginza Street.




2 comments

Write comments
Lee
AUTHOR
September 3, 2010 at 5:55 PM delete

Hi Jenna!
I was just doing a simple search for pictures from the 'Back To The 80s' exhibition at the Powerhouse and low and behold I find a link to your blog here and my gosh it's outstanding!!
My life as a magazine - such a clever concept!
Especially when your brain is in love with so many things!
I'm going to have to start all the way back at the beginning and have a good read, but after a quick squizz it seems we share a stack of interests!
I was in Tokyo way back in 1997 and I miss it soooooo much! I see you've been to Kyoto! Unfortunately I didn't get there, but I will certainly be checking it out if I get back over there one day!!
xox

Reply
avatar
September 4, 2010 at 10:47 AM delete

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your really nice and long comment :) It always means so much to me when readers take the time to comment.
Your right "my brain really is in love with so many things" so I need a place to put it- a blog. If you go to Japan again, you must go to Kyoto, so many beautiful gardens and temples...the shopping is great too! Iv'e been meaning to add more photos of my holidays, but I always seem to get side tracked with all my other current obsessions and hobbies.

Happy to hear you enjoyed my Powerhouse 80's exhibition post, I'm obsessed with all things Nostalgia. Great to see you loved my photoshop pic that you used it on your lovely blog too.

Thanks again Lee xo

Reply
avatar